Tuesday, May 26, 2009

memorial day

I got the opportunity to go back out to the old bottle dump near Hathaway's Pond in Barnstable to do some bottle digging with Gordon Starr. We got some fun bottles, mostly from the 1940s/50s, I think. The woods were filled with lady slippers, and the pine trees had just released their pollen all over everything -- there's a slick of yellow pollen on every surface outdoors and indoors. I guess it's a good idea to take a few days off from housecleaning, because tomorrow it will just be covered with pollen again. Yeah. That sounds like a good excuse.

From here on out I'm going to try posting most of my photos on flickr so that all of you with slow internet can read the blog without getting hung up on slow-loading photos. I'll post a few here, and then give you a link to the rest. And there will always be a link in the menu on the right.

So here's what I did on Memorial Day:












More photos here

1 comment:

  1. love the bottles and the blue jays from the previous set. Good job.

    ReplyDelete