Tuesday, June 23, 2009

wings and things

I took a tour of the West Barnstable cemetery last week on one of the only days we've had recently where the sun peeked out for a few hours. This graveyard has lots of vintage gravestones dating back to the early 1700s, including quite a few with beautiful carvings of winged heads or angels.

Afterward I stopped by the West Barnstable train station -- it is open for business on weekends and people can take scenic train tours of Cape Cod. It was filled with wonderful old things. The two gentleman working that day, hearing that I've been known to take pictures in bathrooms, were proud to show me their vintage urinal, recently restored.




For a slideshow of photos from the cemetery & railroad station, click here.

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy your photos. They're like a lovely little escape. Sooooo sorry about the baby jays. We had one of our red finch babies swoop out of the nest straight into the jaws of young mister corgi Caleb. We rescued it quickly, but I think it had a heart attack.

    Nature.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete