Tuesday, March 22, 2011

the 53 project : week 13


This Saturday we all gazed in wonder at the huge, full super moon -- the third full moon since the winter solstice, making it the also the Lenten moon, the sap moon, the crow moon, the worm moon.

I, of course, being oblivious to things that everyone else in the world knows about, went out a few nights before the true full moon, and thought "my goodness, what a nice moon!"  So I took some shots slithering on my belly and lying on my back in amongst the grassy, shrubby cranberry bogs down the road. 

And then the next day I read about the coming of the super moon in the paper.  But I liked these shots so much that I didn't take any more.  I like my semi-super, almost-full moon just as well.







Moon river, wider than a mile.....   Well, this little stream was actually about 2 feet across, but it makes the perfect mirror for a lovely moonlit sky.

Don't forget to stop by and leave a comment on my just because giveaway post -- you have till midnight on March 30th (aka my 53rd birthday) to leave a comment and maybe -- just maybe -- get a lovely little gift in return.

Happy week, everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Lucy, I love the reflection shots. There's something about reflections which excites me, what it is I have yet to figure out! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - love the purples and the reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon was amazing. I like how you've captured some unique perspectives! No reflections in my shots, as the lake was still frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a moonchild and lunatic, I really relate to these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. Especially number two moon. Awesome and glad you slithered on your belly for these. Nice view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing color and I love the reflection shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! beautiful colors and so unique

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the reflection shots.

    ReplyDelete