Wednesday, December 02, 2009

most viewed

I have to admit that I'm something of a flickr stats addict. For those of you who are unfamiliar with flickr, I can go in and see how many times my photos have been viewed, who's left comments or who calls one of my photos a favorite.

Some of the most viewed photos are of Hannah and Nick, and I also have high stats on the ones I post in groups and in contests. But the two surprise frontrunners are photos that people find through internet searches -- and here they are:

I found this Old Quaker bottle in the bottle dump near Hathaway's Pond in Barnstable. I suspect that most people stumble across this photo because they've found a bottle, too, and may be searching to see if it has any value. Not a very good photo, but....

And the runner up is Joe's Twin Villa, the infamous hot spot in the village of Osterville -- a sort of historic hangout amidst the mansions along the southside of Cape Cod. Joe's is mentioned in this entry on Osterville in the Urban Dictionary.

You never know how you will connect with people -- sometimes through the smallest common thread. So, meet me at Joe's and we'll toast to life with a shot of Old Quaker! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment