Friday, December 11, 2009

secret life of toys

I have been having way too much fun with the theme this month for the Boston Globe RAW amateur photo contest, which is "Toys". I was a definite dolly-girl as a kid -- I filled my bed with stuffed animals and dolls before going to sleep at night, and the dollhouse that Dad made me was my most treasured possession. Of course I was convinced that my toys had a parallel life when I wasn't around. I could spend hours imagining what adventures they had and what they might say if they could talk. My favorite book was The Little Wooden Doll.

I still have many of the dolls and toys from my childhood, and also many of Nick's and Hannah's. It was great fun to get them out and see how they were doing after many years tucked away in a box. And they rewarded me by coming to life!




3 comments:

  1. seriously you should frame these and put them up somewhere...the children's room at the library perhaps? I like the last one the best, it looks familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... the last one is a classic. Did you know if you go to Iowa, you can go to that house, hold a hayfork and wear overalls and get your photo taken in front of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recall anything, anywhere, as funny as your "American Gothic".

    ReplyDelete